Monday, March 26, 2012
It's not Work When You Love It
When discussing my desire to be a stay at home mom I often get "You will go crazy" or "You will be bored.". These comments perplex me. For one, how does anyone else on earth know how I would feel, and two, how could you not want to spend time with your children? Perhaps it's an issue of calling. Everybody has a calling, whether they have found it or not. It can range from being a CEO to a surf bum, but we all have something that could make us happy to do day in and day out. I have floundered for years not knowing what my calling was. I think I have truly found it, and, much to the luck of my offspring, it's motherhood. Things that we truly love to do and excel at don't have limits. When you love doing something you can and will do it despite lack of energy, resources, and patience. The past two days my husband has been terribly sick with a disgusting (at least it sounds that way when he slams the bathroom door and pukes his lungs up) stomach bug. I have been left to my own devices with the kids. That has meant baths, and diapers, and dinners, playtime, cleanup from playtime, and putting them to bed all on my own (did I mention I still put in a full day of work and a commute at my day job?) I didn't think I had it in me to do this. I thought I would be too tired, but I have not only energetically, but happily jumped into my temporary role as a single parent with ease. I was so proud of myself at dinner time, with one hand feeding myself a salad and the other spooning soup to my boys who waited open mouthed like hungry little birds. Tonight I feel like a superhero, or should I say a mom because isn't that what we all do? We all jump in with two feet and without second thought when it comes to what is best for our families, and I am so blessed to completely and totally enjoy it too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment