Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Food Fight!
This morning I lashed out at my husband over, would you believe it, a half eaten pack of Newman O's cookies. My husband has horrible eating habits. Sometimes I find it crazy we can be so different and still co-habitate. I'm all about exercise and eating natural, almost vegan foods. I believe in indulging a sweet tooth so long as portions are small and the majority of other daily snacks are fruits, veggies, and nuts. My husband on the other hand, gave up on the gym after an injury (which he was told he could still work out just not as intensely), refuses to eat anything green, and will starve himself all day sans for giant sugary DD coffees, several cans of Sprite, and dinner. To him this is weight control, until he gets up in the middle of the night and raids the kitchen consuming food faster than a high school football team at a spaghetti dinner. I saw a special on "sleep eaters" once and I'm still not 100% convinced he doesn't have this bizarre sleepwalking disorder. He says he doesn't and is fully aware of the amount of food he ingests during the very witching hours of night. He probably would be safer if he lied and said he wasn't aware, because lately the cost of food and frequency with which I am shopping for it has me in a tizzy. A short time ago we went from a family of 2 to a family of four and my toddlers are consuming food almost as quickly as their daddy is, but they are growing up as a result, not out. I have tried everything, lately I've been buying in bulk hoping stuff would last longer, unfortunately it only causes him to increase the volumhe of what he eats. I have hidden food from him in hopes of making it last, but he's slowly discovering all of my hiding spots. So this morning, on bill paying day, after another week of grossly inflated grocery bills I discovered the box of cookies, MY vegan cookies that are about the only sweet I buy for myself, my cookies that I eat at a rate of 2 neatly tucked into my lunch pack per day, my cookies of which I only opened the package last night while I was making my lunch, were half gone. The man ate half of MY cookies along with all the other crap I buy just for him. This man eats too much, food costs too much, and I end up angry, and hungry for stuff I was planning to enjoy, but vanished before I could taste it. I'm so tired of this never ending food fight and wonder if this is the way the male sex eats, and if it does, what's going to happen when my toddlers become young men. College fund or snack savings?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment